Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Potato Skins

Hey guys!! These are super duper yummy!! Yesterday was the first time I tried them. My mom has made them sooo many times but I was always like I don't like the skins on the potatoes, so I would never eat it! Well yesterday I had no homework so my mom asked me to make them and then I decided I would try them and oh my gosh!! So GOOD.




Ingredients: 
8 slices thick- cut bacon
8 potatoes, scrubbed clean
Canola oil
Kosher salt
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
4 green onions, sliced

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Fry the bacon. Wash potatoes and rub skin liberally with canola oil. Place on a baking pan and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until the potatoes are fork tender. Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. With a cookie scoop or spoon scrape out the inner flesh of the potatoes, leaving a small margin of the potato in the skins. Brush both sides of the potato skins with canola oil. Salt both sides liberally. Place the skins cut side down on the pan and return to the oven. Bake for 7 minutes, then flip the to the other side. Bake for 7 minutes more, or until the skins are crispy. Then grate the cheddar cheese. The the bacon into bits.Sprinkle cheese into each potato skin. Then sprinkle with bacon and return to oven until cheese melts. Just before serving, spoon 1 tablespoon of sour cream on each skin and sprinkle with sliced green onions. Enjoy!!

Recipe from http://thepioneerwoman.com/



2 comments: